Stinson & Associates, Inc. is a leader in the provision of clinical and forensic psychological and chemical dependency evaluation and treatment services. Our services are evidenced-based, and we adhere to the highest levels of professionalism and ethics. We perform at the highest levels of competence based on the latest science, technology, and information.
In the court systems, we provide services at the request of defense attorneys, plaintiffs’ attorneys, prosecutors, and judges. Our evaluators have been deemed experts in numerous state courts and federal court—for criminal and civil forensic matters. We take pride in our well-written, clear reports; and our easy-to-understand yet expert testimony. We provide the flexibility to see individuals at one of our offices or, as needed, we can go to jails, prisons, courthouses, and attorneys’ offices.
We also provide clinical evaluations and treatment. We have served children and adults, families, groups, schools, organizations, community agencies, and government entities. Whether the problem is at home, in school, in the community, at work, or elsewhere, our providers can help. We work with self-referred patients, as well as court mandated individuals. Problems may range from adjustment and anxiety disorders, to substance abuse and anger, to severe mental and developmental disorders.
We also provide professional workshops and seminars throughout the state of Ohio and around the country. Whether it is for a local in-service training, departmental training, organizational training, or a statewide or national convention, we offer engaging, dynamic, and informative workshops and seminars.Contact
- Ohio — 5715
- Forensic Psychology
- School Psychology
- General Psychological Testing
- Serious and Persistent Mental Illness
- Disability Determination/Worker's Compensation
- Adult (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescent (13-17 yrs.)
- Child (3-12 yrs.)
- Older adult (65 yrs. or older)
- Sign Language
- Behavioral Therapy
Professional AffiliationsCredentials & Memberships
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) - Forensic Psychology
- Bob Stinson, Psy.D., J.D., LICDC-CS, ABPP, is a board certified forensic psychologist, an attorney at law, and a licensed independent chemical dependency counselor – clinical supervisor. Dr. Stinson is listed in the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Psychology (AAFP) and a Diplomate in forensic psychology with the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). Dr. Stinson obtained his undergraduate degree in Psychology from The Ohio State University in 1995, his doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from the Wright State University – School of Professional Psychology in 1999, and his law degree from Capital University Law School in 2011.
- Dr. Stinson worked for 15 years on a forensic unit at Twin Valley Behavioral Healthcare (an inpatient psychiatric hospital, serving the severely mentally ill), where he also served on the hospital’s Ethics Committee for a number of years, chairing it for his last two years. Now, Dr. Stinson is the Chief of Behavioral Health Services for the Ohio Department of Youth Services, being ultimately responsible for the psychological, psychiatric, social work, and occupational therapy services provided to youth in Ohio’s juvenile correctional system.
- Dr. Stinson provides training and supervision to students, interns, and post-doctoral residents. He lectures across the country in the areas of mental health law and ethics and criminal forensic psychology, having presented in about 20 different states. He is an Adjunct Professor of Clinical Psychology at The Ohio State University Department of Psychology and Wright State University’s School of Professional Psychology, and he is an he is an Adjunct Professor of Law at The Ohio State University’s Moritz College of Law.
- Dr. Stinson holds membership in several legal and psychological professional associations, including APA (and several of its divisions), OPA (where he serves on the Executive Committee as the Association’s President and he is a member and past-Chair of the Ethics Committee), and COPA (where he is a past President of the organization).
- Dr. Stinson also maintains a private psychology practice, providing consultations and evaluations, specializing in clinical and forensic psychology, with an emphasis on criminal forensic psychology. He is a recognized expert in numerous state courts and in federal court. And he has a law practice, focusing on representation of professionals in front of their licensing boards.
Contact us as: https://stinsonandassociates.com/contact/