Each of us responds to life’s problems in ways that often reflect our unique histories and cultural backgrounds. When our response becomes one of the problems, a psychologist may help us gain fresh insight into the situation and seek new approaches. My clinical training prepared me to address the full range of human emotional problems, from self-defeating behaviors to serious mental illness. From 1985 to 2009 I worked at a psychiatric hospital and in private practice. I am now in private practice full-time.
I take an active role in therapy and try to engage clients at their most personal levels. I attempt to open up new possibilities through focused questions and interpretive comments. I help clients develop new emotional and cognitive skills with which to take charge of their lives.Contact
- Massachusetts — 000003614
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy
- Career and Life Adjustments
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders
- PTSD/Traumatic Response
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- UnitedHealthcare (UBH, UHC)
Sliding scale for students, fellows and low-income persons.
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
Professional AffiliationsCredentials & Memberships
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- I am a native of Budapest, Hungary and moved to this country at the age of 10. My education included psychology, literature, social science, philosophy and the arts. I speak Hungarian, French and German.
- I have Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Harvard University and a Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) degree from the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology. I am a Fellow of the Massachusetts Psychological Association. From 1986 to 2012 I was a Clinical Instructor in Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
Aetna, BlueCross and/or BlueShield, Cigna, ComPsych, Coventry, First Health, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Harvard University Group Health Program, Magellan Behavioral Health, Medicare, PHCS/Private Health Care Systems, UniCare, United Behavioral Health (UBH) ValueOptions