The events of daily life, the actions of people around us, and the problems and illnesses we encounter can make it hard to attain the satisfaction for which we strive. When trying hard is not enough, a behavioral health professional can help individuals, couples, or families understand the problems they are encountering and develop a plan for achieving their goals. The professional can provide the guidance, specialized techniques, encouragement, and support needed to follow through and achieve these goals.
At Behavioral Health Associates, Inc., we begin with a thorough examination of the problems, then therapist and client work together to develop a plan for change and put it into practice. Our therapists take an active part in the counseling, helping clients to understand the difficulties they encounter, sharing their expertise, and providing support. Clients can expect to take home information and skills that are useful in daily life.
Our belief is that the goal of counseling should be to solve problems efficiently and effectively while remaining sensitive and caring. Our treatment approach is based on extensive scientific research and clinical experience.Contact
- Ohio — 3258
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders
- Couples Therapy
- Borderline and Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Medical Diagnosis Adjustment
- Medical Mutual
- Cleveland Clinic/Mutual Health (Tier 1)
Hours by appointment.
Please call me at 216-831-2500 x 2.
- Adult (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescent (13-17 yrs.)
- Older adult (65 yrs. or older)
Professional AffiliationsCredentials & Memberships
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Director, Cleveland Center for Cognitive Therapy.
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 1981.
- Post-doctoral Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania, 1982.
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychology, Dept. of Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
- Diplomate, Founding Fellow, and Certified Trainer/Consultant, Academy of Cognitive Therapy.
- Co-author: Clinical Applications of Cognitive Therapy (Plenum Press, 1990, 2004), Cognitive Therapy of Personality Disorders (Guilford Publications, 1990, 2004).
- Active in teaching locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Specialties include: mood and anxiety disorders, personality disorders, marital problems, behavioral medicine.