Education & Certification
Long Island University (1995)
National Register Member Since
Amira Simha-Alpern, PhD
I am a licensed psychologist, credentialed as a health service psychologist by the National Register of Health Service Psychologists, a nonprofit organization established in 1974. The National Register credential signifies adherence to the highest standards of professional practice. I provide psychological assessment and treatment along with other preventive and consultative services. For more information on my areas of expertise, ages served, and other practice details, please see below. For more information on the National Register, see www.NationalRegister.org. Thanks for visiting my FindaPsychologist.org profile page!Learn more about me on my website: www.amirasimha-alpern.com
Areas of Expertise
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Infants (0-2 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
Languages Spoken Other Than English
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- PSYCHOLOGY LICENSE & REGISTRATION:
1997 NEW YORK STATE LICENSE #: 013272
- 2010 HEALTH SERVICE PROVIDER NATIONAL REGISTER, WASHINGTON DC (ID# 52854)
- 2011 PARENT EDUCATION AND GUIDANCE, Adelphi University, New York
- 2010 CERTIFICATE IN SUPERVISION, Adelphi University, New York
- 2007 CERTIFICATE IN PSYCHOTHERAPY AND PSYCHOANALYSIS, Adelphi Univ., New York
- 1995 Ph.D. CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY, Long Island University, New York.
- 1983 B.A. PSYCHOLOGY AND CRIMINOLOGY, Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
- 6/2015-present Executive Director, Suffolk Institute for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis, Smithtown, New York.
- 1/2014-present Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York
- 9/2013-present Adjunct Clinical Supervisor, Long Island University, CW Post, Brookville, New York
- 1/2009-present Founder and Director, The Potential Space for Continuing Education in Psychology & Psychotherapy PLLC
- 3/2008- present Faculty, Suffolk Institute for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis, Smithtown, New York.
- 9/2005-present Adjunct Professor & Supervisor, The Gordon F. Derner Institute of Psychoanalysis and
Psychotherapy, Adelphi University, Garden City, New York
- 1/1999-present Clinical Psychologist, Private practice, Smithtown, New York
Fee Information/Office Policy
Office hours are Monday – Friday by appointment.
You can contact me by phone (631) 863-0408 or e-mail: email@example.com
Does Not Accept Insurance