Education & Certification
University of South Carolina (1971)
National Register Member Since
B.G. Quesenbery, Jr., PhD
Since 1981, Dr. Quesenbery has been working with families, their physicians, and their children’s schools, providing a wide range of diagnostic, treatment, and consultative services. Many of his diagnostic service efforts include norm-referenced psychological testing to determine if an individual has been coping with ADHD, a learning disability, or some psychiatric disorder that has compromised the person’s performance in school or the workplace.
Treatment efforts include individual counseling, family, and couples counseling, and, among others, parenting workshops aimed at improving behavior management. His most recently added diagnostic and therapeutic offerings include QEEG and neurofeedback services for ADHD individuals.
Consultative efforts often consist of meeting with school and/or workplace officials to plan and review accommodations that support and enhance the individual’s performance. Another consultative service offered is to persons coping with ADHD, viz., medication effectiveness testing using such continuous performance tests such as the TOVA, the IVA, or the Gordon Diagnostic System, or systematic observation in the classroom or workplace. Dr. Quesenbery also serves South Carolina’s family courts and various social agencies, advocating for children, adolescents, and adults involved in litigation.Learn more about me on my website: drquesenbery.com
Areas of Expertise
- General Psychological Testing (e.g., intelligence, personality, vocational, aptitude, school placement, health)
- Childhood and Adolescent Problems (e.g., ADHD, school/learning problems, social withdrawal, autism, recurrent abdominal pain, aggressive or oppositional behavior)
- School Psychology (e.g., individualized education planning, placement, conduct problems, advanced placement)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Infants (0-2 yrs.)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Certified by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards
- Certified NCSP by the National Association of School Psychology
- Past President of the South Carolina Association of School Psychology
- Consulting Editor, CEC journal, Assessment for Effective Intervention
Fee Information/Office Policy
Visa and Mastercard are accepted, and short-term payment plans are available.
Office Hours: 9:00AM-6:00PM M – TH
Health Care Plan Participation
Claims for services are filed with health insurance companies for patients and their families; however, payment is due at the time service is rendered.