Education & Certification
Teachers College, Columbia University (1970)
National Register Member Since
Carole Light, PhD
I have been in independent practice for 46 years, 30 in Atlanta, 16 in the mountains of North Carolina. I work with depression, anxiety, and issues in relationships.
My practice has focused on helping people identify and change beliefs and assumptions about themselves and others that they may find limiting or inaccurate in the present time.
Areas of Expertise
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Medical Diagnosis Adjustment (e.g., diabetes, cancer, hypertension, weight issues, other chronic illness)
- Group Psychotherapy
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) - Clinical Psychology
- Long term member of the American Academy of Psychotherapists.
- PhD in clinical psychology, 1970, from Columbia University.
Fee Information/Office Policy
Sliding scale according to need.
Office hours are 9:30 – 5.
Does Not Accept Insurance
This psychologist has elected not to publish contact information.P: 828-526-9769 (Office)