Education & Certification
Alliant International University - San Francisco Bay (1980)
National Register Member Since
Carolyn Hokanson, PhD
I have been in private practice since 1982. I specialize in the treatment of depression, Mood disorders and Anxiety Disorder which include the treatment of phobias, panic and generalized anxiety. I work with adolescents, adults of all ages. I use both a psychodynamic and cognitive-behavioral as well as behavior therapy approach.
I have wheel chair access in my office building and office. I am in suite with 3 other licensed psychologists each practicing as solo practioners, but we cover for each other.Learn more about me on my website: CAROLYNFHOKANSONPHD.COM
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- I have a Ph.D. from The California School of Professional Psychology which is now a part of Alliant International University.
- I have a Master’s Degree in Psychiatric Nursing from Case Western Reserve University.
- I am a member of APA, CPA and my local Psychology Association, the Contra Costa County, Psychological Association.