Education & Certification
University of Virginia (1976)
National Register Member Since
Carolyn Shaffer, PhD
I practice mainly Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Mindfulness for a wide range of emotional issues.
I have been a Ph.D. Clinical Psychologist and a Certified Sex Therapist for over 30 years.
I have a warm and empathic style and my extensive experience helps me to ascertain quickly the best course of treatment and to resolve many issues in a timely fashion. However, I do have people in my practice that have been coming for years because they find the therapy continuously helpful.
Areas of Expertise
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
Ctr for Cognitive Ther
6310 Winston Dr
Bethesda, MD 20817
P: 301-320-5268 (Office)