Education & Certification
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign (1974)
National Register Member Since
Carolyn Ummel Lindquist, PhD
I love my work as a psychologist and look forward to helping you with whatever challenges you would like to explore and resolve. I enjoy both traditional psychotherapy and coaching by telephone and e-mail. I have 20+ years in private practice as a licensed clinical psychologist. I am probably most well known for working with especially urgent, difficult, high conflict couples and for the treatment of trauma in individuals using EMDR. Couples and individuals benefit in therapy when we create a peaceful, safe haven for our work.
Specialties include high conflict couples, EMDR, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Adult Attention Deficit Disorder, and post divorce family issues. More than 25 years experience. Both short term focused and long term therapy depending on your goals.
Areas of Expertise
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- LGBT Issues (e.g., workplace, academic or personal discrimination, stigma, gender assignment evaluation, gender identity)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) - Clinical Psychology
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
Fee Information/Office Policy
Phone is best for appointments. I also respond to email.
Health Care Plan Participation
We provide a monthly invoice with everything you need to file your insurance.
380 Glenneyre Ste D
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
P: 949-494-5432 (Office)