Education & Certification
University Paris X Nanterre (2009)
National Register Member Since
Celine Paillot, PhD
I believe Psychotherapy offers a place to be listened to, to be understood without being judged. It also provides one with practical and useful coping skills.
Psychotherapy refers to the treatment of a wide range of mental disorders utilizing evidence-based psychotherapeutic treatments such as cognitive behavioral and motivational approaches. An eclectic, individualized approach is employed at North Fork Neuropsychology to customize treatment programs to each client’s needs to maximize therapeutic effect. Group, couples and family therapy are also available. When appropriate, psychotherapy may be further supplemented with psychological or neuropsychological assessment to clarify, diagnose and aid in designing optimal interventions.Learn more about me on my website: www.drcelinepaillot.com
Areas of Expertise
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- General Psychological Testing (e.g., intelligence, personality, vocational, aptitude, school placement, health)
- Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (e.g., schizophrenia and other psychosis)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
Languages Spoken Other Than English
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) - Clinical Psychology
- I am a licensed NY State psychologist. I have a PhD in Clinical Psychology, and a Master Degree in Neuropsychology and Neurobiology.
- I also did a post-doctoral training at Columbia University in Manhattan.
- I am trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and in Motivational Interviewing.
- Beacon Health Strategies (Affinity Plan)
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield