Education & Certification
Massachusetts School Professional Psychology (1983)
National Register Member Since
Christopher Huvos, PsyD
Each of us responds to life’s problems in ways that often reflect our unique histories and cultural backgrounds. When our response becomes one of the problems, a psychologist may help us gain fresh insight into the situation and seek new approaches. My clinical training prepared me to address the full range of human emotional problems, from self-defeating behaviors to serious mental illness. From 1985 to 2009 I worked at a psychiatric hospital and in private practice. I am now in private practice full-time.
I take an active role in therapy and try to engage clients at their most personal levels. I attempt to open up new possibilities through focused questions and interpretive comments. I help clients develop new emotional and cognitive skills with which to take charge of their lives.Learn more about me on my website: therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/name/Christopher_L_Huvos_PsyD_Arlington_Massachusetts_32843
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
Languages Spoken Other Than English
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- I am a native of Budapest, Hungary and moved to this country at the age of 10. My education included psychology, literature, social science, philosophy and the arts. I speak Hungarian, French and German.
- I have Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Harvard University and a Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) degree from the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology. I am a member of American Psychological Association and a Fellow of the Massachusetts Psychological Association. From 1986 to 2012 I was a Clinical Instructor in Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
Fee Information/Office Policy
Sliding scale for students, fellows and low-income persons.
Health Care Plan Participation
Aetna, BlueCross and/or BlueShield, Cigna, ComPsych, Coventry, First Health, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Harvard University Group Health Program, Magellan Behavioral Health, Medicare, PHCS/Private Health Care Systems, UniCare, United Behavioral Health (UBH) ValueOptions