Education & Certification
University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa (1988)
National Register Member Since
Colleen Taylor, PhD
I have 25 years of experience helping clients identify the situations creating hurt and unhappiness in their lives. Together we work to develop a road map and resources to increase satisfaction in life and your relationships. I provide both Individual and Couples Counseling for adults, young and mid-life professionals including physicians and attorneys, and older adolescents.
I specialize in working with depression, anxiety and stress, life balance and healthy choices, troubled relationships, internet and sexual addiction, anger, medical conditions, life transitions and loss. With couples, I focus on strengthening intimacy, communication, coping with conflict, healing from infidelity and trust issues, sexual dysfunction and problematic sexual behavior.
Counseling is provided in a comfortable, private and professional office setting with free parking. Online and telephone sessions are an option for some clients; contact me for further information about tele counseling services. For more information about my practice, my specialties, FAQs and the PeopleGrowing blog, check my website.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Georgia Psychological Association Member
- American Psychological Association Member
- Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health Member
Fee Information/Office Policy
The fee for an office visit is $165. All appointments are 45 minutes unless otherwise agreed upon. Telephone sessions are available as appropriate. Payment is due at the time of your visit.
Office Hours: M-F 9am-5pm
Health Care Plan Participation
My office is unable to file insurance claims for clients, but can provide you with information regarding your services at your request.