Education & Certification
North Carolina State University (1972)
National Register Member Since
Craig Grether, PhD
I am a Clinical Psychologist and Neuropsychologist with 42 years’ experience guiding and supporting clients through life’s emotional, relational and behavioral transitions and traumas. Whether it be individual, couples or family therapy, we work together in a collaborative, solution-focused manner to help achieve a healthier and happier life. A varied approach based on the latest research is used throughout our work together to treat anxiety, depression, chronic pain, insomnia, mild cognitive impairment, divorce adjustment, grief/loss, health impairment, parenting conflicts, PTSD, and relationship difficulties.
I work with adult clients and have a sub-specialty in geriatrics. Thorough psychodiagnostic testing and neuropsychological evaluations are performed when needed. I also offer qualified medical evaluations for injured workers and fitness for duty evaluations.
I offer to you the collective experience of an accomplished diagnostician, therapist, mediator, consultant, researcher, and author having worked in private practice, outpatient medical rehabilitation, long-term care, alcohol and drug rehabilitation and inpatient settings.
Areas of Expertise
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Forensic Psychology (e.g., mental competency, parent-child custody, legal evaluations, violence or risk assessment)
- Disability Determination/Worker's Compensation
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Medical Diagnosis Adjustment (e.g., diabetes, cancer, hypertension, weight issues, other chronic illness)
- Sleep Disorders (e.g., insomnia, nightmares, sleep cycle disorders)
- Pain (acute/chronic)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Disability Evaluation and Appeals
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Blue Cross of California
- Blue Shield of California