Education & Certification
Palo Alto University (2002)
National Register Member Since
D. Chris Bullard, PhD
D. Chris Bullard, PhD is a Clinical Psychologist specializing in individual psychotherapy, psychodiagnostic testing, and family therapy who maintains a private practice in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He was born in Passau, Germany, and has been interested in psychology all his life. After receiving his Master’s degree, he worked in various community agencies, a psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital, and several group and private practice settings for about 15 years. At age 38, he returned to graduate school because he felt continued learning and training in psychology would equip him in providing a full range of psychological services to his clients.
With over 20 years experience as a Psychological Examiner and Psychologist since 1980, he is a private practitioner working with various clients. Among his areas of expertise are mood and anxiety disorders, disorders of childhood, substance use disorders, psychological testing, pain evaluations, and family therapy.
D. Chris Bullard, PhD is a relationship and solution focused therapist who also provides behavioral and cognitive therapies as needed by the client. He integrates various treatment interventions to offer a personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, he works with each person to help them build on their strengths and to solve their personal problems.
Areas of Expertise
- Childhood and Adolescent Problems (e.g., ADHD, school/learning problems, social withdrawal, autism, recurrent abdominal pain, aggressive or oppositional behavior)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Substance Misuse (e.g., alcohol, nicotine, opiates, stimulants, inhalants)
- General Psychological Testing (e.g., intelligence, personality, vocational, aptitude, school placement, health)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, PhD degree in Clinical Psychology University of Southern Mississippi, MS degree in Counseling Psychology University of Southern Mississippi, BS degree in Psychology
- Licensed Psychologist, North Carolina
Certified Health Service Provider Psychologist (HSP-P), North Carolina Certified by the National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- American Psychological Association (APA) APA Division 12, Society of Clinical Psychology APA Division 12, Section IX: Assessment Psychology North Carolina Psychological Association (NCPA) NCPA Division of Independent Practice (DIPP) Society for Personality Assessment
Fee Information/Office Policy
$120 per 50-minute session.
Payment is expected at time of service.
Health Care Plan Participation
Managed Health Network