Education & Certification
District of Columbia
George Washington University (2006)
National Register Member Since
Deborah Curry, PsyD
Recently rated as one of Washington DC’s top therapists and later as one of Washington’s top couples therapists, my approach is warmly interactive. I provide support, insight and useful feedback to help you truly resolve the difficulty that brought you to therapy.
Working with individual adults and adolescents, as well as with couples, I integrate elements from a variety of approaches and techniques as it is most helpful for you personally. With sensitivity and compassion, we will work together to better understand the life challenges with which you are coping as well as to develop a greater insight into the ways you habitually feel, view yourself and relate to others. We will then use this deepened understanding to build on your strengths and help you to reach your personal goals for happiness and success.
My office is conveniently located in the Mazza Gallerie area of Chevy Chase, across Wisconsin Avenue from Tiffany & Co. and across S. Park Ave. from Brooks Brothers — convenient to both Bethesda and downtown Washington DC. There is easy parking in our building’s garage or you can walk two blocks from the Friendship Heights stop of the Metro Red Line. Personal checks and all major credit cards are accepted. Weekday, evening and weekend hours are available.
Because a good therapeutic fit is so important to ensure a positive outcome for you, I encourage prospective clients to schedule an initial 20-minute consultation. This consultation is free and implies no obligation for either of us. This consultation gives us a chance for us to understand something about your situation, get a sense of whether we would work well together and discuss which next steps might be most helpful for you.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.281.0836.Learn more about me on my website: www.ChevyChaseTherapy.com
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Top Therapist Rating: https://www.washingtonian.com/2009/07/01/top-therapists-2009/
- Top Couples Therapist Rating: https://www.washingtonian.com/2012/12/14/recommended-couples-therapists-want-to-talk-about-it/
Fee Information/Office Policy
Health Care Plan Participation