Education & Certification
McGill University (2008)
National Register Member Since
Dominique Morisano, PhD, CPsych
Services offered: Individual and Parent-Child Therapy, Psychological Assessment, Consultation. Skype appointments possible.
I treat issues of mood and anxiety as well as more complex issues involving substance use and abuse and trauma. I also have special expertise and interest in personal goal-setting; cannabis (marijuana) dependence; and creative, gifted, and/or talented youth and adults with mood, underachievement, or multipotentiality issues.
I work from a harm-reduction perspective and use a holistic lens to address problems. Using a mix of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, and a systems perspective, I assess and address sleep hygiene, daily habits, personal relationships, and coping skills, and incorporate mindfulness and exercise into all treatment planning.
I am a Clinical Psychologist, Researcher, Consultant, Editor, Teacher, and Public Speaker. My clinical work aligns well with my research interests, which revolve around addiction science, the effects of personal goal-setting and mindfulness, at-risk youth, and issues related to improving mental health and addiction systems services.
Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/drmorisano
and/or on Facebook at facebook.com/dr.morisanoLearn more about me on my website: drmorisano.com
Areas of Expertise
- Substance Misuse (e.g., alcohol, nicotine, opiates, stimulants, inhalants)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- School Psychology (e.g., individualized education planning, placement, conduct problems, advanced placement)
- Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (e.g., schizophrenia and other psychosis)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
Languages Spoken Other Than English
- I completed my ScB at Brown University, my MA and PhD at McGill, and a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Addiction Psychiatry/Schizophrenia at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)/University of Toronto.
- I hold status faculty appointments at: University of Toronto (Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health), CAMH (Affiliate Scientist, SER), and the Centre for Mindfulness Studies.
- I am fully licensed to provide services in both Ontario and New York State.
Fee Information/Office Policy
Please email me with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone me between the hours of 9am-6pm and leave a message, or contact me via drmorisano.com.
- Will provide receipt for insurance reimbursement.