Education & Certification
U Wisc, Madison (2006)
National Register Member Since
Donal MacCoon, PhD
Dr. MacCoon’s practice focuses on adults and couples. The foundation of his practice is the belief that regardless of what brings you into the psychotherapeutic relationship it truly is a unique opportunity for not only healing but also deepening and broadening your own understanding of yourself. Such an understanding can extend to clarifying what brings meaning, purpose and joy to yourself, your relationships, and your community.
Dr. MacCoon has expertise in a variety of traditional and integrative forms of psychotherapy. He is known and respected for his integration of mind body techniques.
He has published scientific articles of attention, personality, anxiety and depression, has designed an NIH-funded study on the effects of mindfulness meditation on well-being, and has co-designed an 8-week health program scientifically proven to reduce anxiety and depression. Some of this work was conducted in the neuroscience laboratory of Dr. Richard Davidson, named a “100 most influential people” by Time Magazine.Learn more about me on my website: www.oneplanetthriving.com
Areas of Expertise
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Borderline and Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- BlueCross BlueShield and many others.