Education & Certification
University of Texas - Austin (2001)
National Register Member Since
Edna Brinkley, PhD
I love what I do! I have the honor and privilege of helping women create lives they love. This means that as my client, we collaboratively work to help you have evidence-based, personalized information, skills, and strategies that can help you stop feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or guilty when you try to take time out for yourself.
Instead, you become empowered; your new life is full of peace, happiness, and you have a strong sense of direction. In essence, your life now works – the way you want it to.
How do you get this? You create a wellness lifestyle by first becoming more aware of your unique sources and symptoms of stress. Whether it’s your job, your kids, your relationship(s), feeling depressed or anxious, or just not feeling excited by your life anymore, we get to the root cause. Then we teach you the skills, information, the strategies you need to start creating the positive life changes you wish to see.
To help you create your wellness lifestyle, I specialize in mindbody wellness, stress reduction, mood disorders (e.g., depression), anxiety reduction/management, and women’s concerns.
Areas of Expertise
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Group Psychotherapy
- LGBT Issues (e.g., workplace, academic or personal discrimination, stigma, gender assignment evaluation, gender identity)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- PhD, Counseling Psychology, University of Texas at Austin
- 2004 Licensed Psychologist (Texas)
- Member, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
Fee Information/Office Policy
- Information about insurance plans upon request.