Education & Certification
District of Columbia
George Washington University (1994)
National Register Member Since
Elaine Klionsky, PhD
Interpersonal Relationships (Spouse, Partner, Friends, Work)
Areas of Expertise
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Group Psychotherapy
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- American Psychological Association
- Maryland Psychological Association
- DC Psychological Association
- Training/Outreach Committee of the Midatlantic Group Psychotherapy Society
- Washington School for Psychiatry
- Certified Group Psychotherapist
- Ethics Committee of the American Academy of Psychotherapists
- Washingtonian Magazine’s Top Therapists, July 2009
Fee Information/Office Policy
Fees are available on request, provided by phone or email.
Typical charges: $185 per 50″ for individual psychotherapy and $110 per 75″ for group psychotherapy.
Fee reductions may be negotiated in unusual circumstances.
Office Hours: 8:00AM-9:00PM on select days
Does Not Accept Insurance
Health Care Plan Participation
Not in-network on any plan. Insurance eligible.