Education & Certification
Alliant International University - Los Angeles (1982)
National Register Member Since
Helen Grusd, PhD
I believe positive changes happen when a client is committed to learning and growing. Clients who want to expand and enrich themselves through therapy, no matter what their diagnosis or life challenges are, are the clients with which I work well and see effective changes.
I have two Postdoctoral Fellowships from UCLA in Behavioral Medicine and Children and Families. I have expertise in dealing with depression, anxiety disorders, stress management and trauma, as well as couples counseling and effective parenting. As a forensic psychologist, I have evaluated over 1500 cases of clergy abuse victims, as well as sexual abuse in schools, sexual harassment, dog bites, accident victims, etc.
I consult with several private schools and have taught psychology to 3rd year UCLA medical school students, where I lectured on psychological topics. I am a past President of the Los Angeles County Psychological Association, past Board member of Division 1 of the California Psychological Association, and Editor of the award winning Los Angeles Psychologist Magazine. I have been awarded the LACPA award for distinguished service.
Take the first step to help. Call Helen Grusd now – (310) 277-2787.
Areas of Expertise
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Substance Misuse (e.g., alcohol, nicotine, opiates, stimulants, inhalants)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- College of Professional Psychology of the APA Practice Organization (CPP) - Treatment of Alcohol and other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- California psychology license: Psy8800 BOP
- Years of practice: 30
Fee Information/Office Policy
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Please verify your health insurance coverage when arranging a first visit.