Education & Certification
New York University (1962)
National Register Member Since
Herbert Robbins, PhD
Psychotherapy for individuals, ages 15 and up, also couples and families therapy for anxiety, interpersonal and employment problems, health issues, stress management, marriage conflicts, divorce mediation, ADD, aging, depression, bereavement.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Group Psychotherapy
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Licensed Psychologist since 1964
- Diplomate (ABPP) in Clinical Psychology
- Certificate in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy from NYU
- Producer of award winning TV Psychology show “The Minds Eye” now in its 14th year.
- Past President N.Y. State Psycho. Assn. Independent Practice Division
- Professor Emeritus, CUNY(40 years teaching)
- Awards for service to Psychology
- Member: National Register, APA, NYSPA
Fee Information/Office Policy
Office Hours: 9:00AM-9:00PM M – F
My private fee is flexible but generally within the range of $100-$150 per hour. Some adjustment is also available for students.
Health Care Plan Participation
Most insurance accepted including HIP, GHI, UBH, Value Options.
392 Central Park W, #4D
New York, NY 10025
P: 212-866-9263 (Office)