Education & Certification
University of Kansas (1979)
National Register Member Since
Janet Endelman, PhD
I am an experienced psychologist providing short-term and long-term psychotherapy to adults of all ages. My primary orientation is cognitive-behavioral, though I draw from a range of theoretical orientations and strategies. I am a practical, down-to-earth therapist, and have a special interest in chronic pain and health issues. Most of my patients are referred by physicians or other health care providers, or by past patients.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Medical Diagnosis Adjustment (e.g., diabetes, cancer, hypertension, weight issues, other chronic illness)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- American Psychological Association
- California Psychological Association
- San Francisco Psychological Association
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- I am also on the medical staff at St. Mary’s Medical Center, San Francisco (full privileges) and St. Francis Memorial Hospital, San Francisco (Allied Health Professional status).
Fee Information/Office Policy
I do accept Workers’ Compensation patients, though I do not participate on any of the MPN’s. My regular fee is $150 (negotiable).
Office Hours: 9:00AM-5:00PM M – F
Health Care Plan Participation
I am a participating provider for Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross, and some other insurance plans, but am not accepting most behavioral managed care plan patients at this time, though I may show up on their lists.