Education & Certification
Southern Illinois University (2003)
National Register Member Since
Janice Motoike, PhD
I received my doctoral degree from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, through their counseling psychology program. I chose this program because it provided a good balance between research and practice. Because I returned to school as a non-traditional student, I have life experience in the world of work as well as professional training. I have personal experience with corporate cultures and workplace issues as well as campus life and student concerns. My research areas of interest have been cross-cultural and multicultural psychology. I completed my residency on the Hopi reservation and worked in community mental health prior to starting my private practice. I continue to provide inservices and presentations on cross-cultural issues and working with Asian Americans.
Areas of psychotherapy where I have training and experience are:
Anxiety; History of trauma; Stress management; Depression; Womenâ€™s issues; Identity concerns; Relationship issues; Adjustment, life transitions, and life changes (e.g. Role changes and other changes in personal situations; Moving to a new geographic location; Recovering from a divorce or separation; Career change or job transition); multicultural and cross-cultural issues (e.g. Acculturation and culture shock; Conflicting cultures in relationships and families; Bicultural and multicultural identity); Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR); Eastern spirituality and worldview; Domestic violenceLearn more about me on my website: www.counselinglifewellness.com
Areas of Expertise
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Cultural Diversity Issues (e.g., workplace, academic or personal discrimination, cultural adaptation, stigma and racism)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- American Psychological Association
- Asian American Psychological Association
- Arizona Psychological Association
- National Association of Asian American Professionals
- Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Fee Information/Office Policy
I do not offer a sliding scale., Please call me at (480) 313-3080. At this time I do not have encrypted email. You may download my intake forms from my website.
Health Care Plan Participation
Insurances I accept are: Aetna; BCBS; Cigna; Healthnet; Magellan; United Healthcare; Medicare; Arizona Biodyne; APS; and others.