Education & Certification
University of Houston (2002)
National Register Member Since
Jennifer Bissett, PhD
Dr. Bissett has trained at a wide variety of highly regarded institutions including Psychological Services at the University of Houston, the Pediatric Unit of MD Anderson Hospital, the Psychological Services Unit of the Houston Fire Department and the PIVOT Project. Her training at these respected institutions has uniquely prepared her to work from a generalist perspective with people of all ages who have a wide variety of presenting psychological concerns through both brief and extended treatment models.
Dr. Bissett has a special ability to connect with her patients. She is cheerful with a calm, soothing demeanor and maintains a genuine high regard for her patients. Through the integration a variety of complimentary approaches, she draws from a variety of psychological methodologies and techniques to facilitate movement and improvement in the way that is most helpful for each unique individual. In a comfortable, accepting and supportive atmosphere she offers a highly personalized approach to help each individual, couple or family attain the growth they desire.Learn more about me on my website: www.psychology-resources.com/
Areas of Expertise
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Stress (acute/chronic)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- General Psychological Testing (e.g., intelligence, personality, vocational, aptitude, school placement, health)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Play Therapy
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- American Psychological Association
Fee Information/Office Policy
Office Hours: Tuesday through Friday, 8:15am to 5:15pm, with later appointments on Tuesdays.
Easiest to make an appointment by calling 281-332-5100. Feel free to email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Willing to file out of network with other insurance companies. Self-pay options available as well.
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Beacon/Value Options
216 N. Michigan Ave.
League City, TX 77573
P: 281-332-5100 (Office)