Education & Certification
U Wisc, Milwaukee (1983)
National Register Member Since
Kathleen Longeway, PhD
Ages Served:Children 3 to 18, as well as adults.
Treatment provided for: Anxiety disorders including separation anxiety, OCD, school phobia and generalized anxiety disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Oppositional Disorder, Depression, Adjustment disturbance due to illness or loss, School issues, Family issues
Education: MA in Experimental Psychology, Cornell University, 1975
Certificate of Advanced Study in School Psychology, SUNY Oswego, 1977
PhD In Clincal Psychology, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, 1983
Treatment Background/Philosophy: Although I work with all ages, I have for many years specialized in treating children and adolescents, at Aurora Sinai Medical Center from 1986 until 2001, and most recently in the Dept. of Psychiatry at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin from 2001 until 2012 where I served as Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry through the Medical College of Wisconsin.
I am currently in private practice.
I believe that it is very important to involve parents in children’s treatment, as it is in the context of the family that behavioral change and emotional growth can occur. I find that parents are most often looking for guidance in how they can best help their children with issues that seem to be impairing the child or adolescent’s progress. We work together as a supportive team. I frequently use a cognitive behavioral (CBT) approach.
Licenses: WisconsinLearn more about me on my website: www.findapsychologist.org/record/kathleen-longeway
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- General Psychological Testing (e.g., intelligence, personality, vocational, aptitude, school placement, health)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Childhood and Adolescent Problems (e.g., ADHD, school/learning problems, social withdrawal, autism, recurrent abdominal pain, aggressive or oppositional behavior)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Play Therapy
- American Psychological Association
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Milwaukee Area Psychological Association
Fee Information/Office Policy
Most insurance plans accepted. Prospective patients should check with their specific mental health insurance to determine coverage.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield, United Healthcare, WPS,UMR
740 Pilgrim Parkway Ste 103
Elm Grove, WI 53122
P: 414-698-8945 (Office)