Education & Certification
Hofstra University (1985)
National Register Member Since
Keith Moss, PhD
People experiencing anxiety, depression and personal conflicts are riddled with pain and fear. Daily functioning, be it, personal, work or family matters can be a struggle. Sometimes people may say to you, “just get over it.” This can lead to increased social isolation and lowered self-esteem. Work or academic performance can suffer and relationships can be adversely affected. I, as an experienced psychologist, will work in collaborative effort with you so that these problems can be addressed through a thoughtful and sensitive approach utilizing evidence-based cognitive behavioral psychotherapeutic treatment.
I am clinical psychologist who practices primarily within a cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy framework. Additionally, I have post-doctoral training in child and adolescent psychotherapy as well as family and marital therapy. I also have had 20+ years as a credentialed alcoholism and substance counselor.
My approach is to provide appropriate care and treatment utilizing a variety of treatment strategies which are specific to the unique needs of my patients. My years of experience and training have provided me with the ability to identify emotional conflicts and to formulate suitable and effective treatment strategies.
Areas of Expertise
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Family Therapy (e.g., parent-child problems, divorce with kids, family illness)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Behavioral Therapy
- United Healthcare
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield