Education & Certification
Argosy University - Phoenix (2006)
National Register Member Since
Kensa Gunter, PsyD
As a clinical & sport psychologist, I work with adolescents & adults providing primarily individual counseling. My approach is integrative incorporating elements of multicultural, cognitive-behavioral, and interpersonal theory. I work with a variety of presenting concerns including multicultural concerns, mood & anxiety disorders, sport/performance concerns, identity development, relationship issues, life transitions, body image, eating disorders, and trauma.
As a Certified Sport Psychology Consultant (CC-AASP), I provide individual & team-based performance enhancement services to athletes & coaches. Areas of interest include: mental skills training, athletic transitions, self-talk, confidence, cultural issues in sport, managing athletic injury, & disordered eating in sport. I also provide educational workshops to general and athletic populations.Learn more about me on my website: www.drkensa.com
Areas of Expertise
- Sport Psychology (e.g., performance enhancement and coaching, sport related injury, concussion)
- Cultural Diversity Issues (e.g., workplace, academic or personal discrimination, cultural adaptation, stigma and racism)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
Association of Applied Sport Psychology (AASP), Certified Consultant
AASP – Diversity Committee; Certification Review Committee
American Psychological Association (APA), Member
APA Division 47 – Exercise & Sport Psychology, Member
Eating Disorder Information Network (EDIN) Advisory Council
Georgia Psychological Association – Diversity Council; Continuing Education Committee
International Society of Sport Psychology, Member
National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology (since May 2012)
United States Olympic Committee Sport Psychology Registry, Listed
Fee Information/Office Policy
Call to schedule an appointment.
Feel free to contact me via email or phone for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Health Care Plan Participation
Out of network provider.
Limited sliding scale slots available.
This psychologist has elected not to publish contact information.
108 E. Ponce de Leon Ave.
Decatur, GA 30030
P: 404-590-0041 (Office)