Education & Certification
Wash St U (1988)
National Register Member Since
Laura Asbell, PhD
Dr. Laura Asbell works with a broad spectrum of difficulties. Together, with you, using developmental, cognitive behavioral and interpersonal concepts, we will design a therapy plan that fits your wants and needs. She will integrate evidence-based practice approaches with your needs, culture and preferences.
Dr. Asbell, a clinical psychologist, provides a powerful, transformational approach to the problems faced by individuals, relationships, and organizations. Application of her postmodern model can lead to a richer, more sophisticated level of thought and behavior, effecting real change in ease and well-being.Learn more about me on my website: www.asbellhealth.com
Areas of Expertise
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Medical Diagnosis Adjustment (e.g., diabetes, cancer, hypertension, weight issues, other chronic illness)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Borderline and Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dr. Asbell is credentialed by the National Register of Health Service Providers and has the ASBB Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology and the ASBB Certificate of Interjurisdictional Practice.
- She is active in the professional community. She is Co-Chair of the Ethics Committees for the Idaho Psychological Association and Chair of the Ethics Committee for the Washington State Psychological Association. In the past, she served as both President of the Washington State Psychological Association and past Treasurer for their Board of Trustees. Dr. Asbell also is a member of the Consulting Professionals Network, the American Psychological Association, the Society of Consulting Psychology, and the Inland Northwest Business Alliance.
Fee Information/Office Policy
- First Choice