Education & Certification
Teachers College, Columbia University (1973)
National Register Member Since
Mary Beth Cresci, PhD
I enjoy working with people of various ages and backgrounds on a variety of issues including relationship problems, career difficulties, depression, and anxiety. I am a good listener and can be helpful and insightful. I am respectful of cultural and lifestyle diversity. I encourage each person in therapy to explore their current and past ways of experiencing themselves and relating to others. By so doing, they discover new ways of relating and being in the world, thereby producing profound changes in their lives.
I trained as a psychoanalyst and am board-certified in that specialty. I am active as a teacher and supervisor of fellow professionals. I find my training to be very helpful in working with individuals and couples on a once or twice a week basis for various lengths of time.
Talking to a non-judgmental professional who understands your problems can help you gain perspective on issues that may seem overwhelming and hopeless. Couples therapy can help couples deal with relationship issues as well. I encourage you as an individual or couple to consider taking this important step in your life.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) - Psychoanalysis in Psychology
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
10 Pineapple St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
P: 718-625-0221 (Office)