Education & Certification
University of Mississippi (2001)
National Register Member Since
Matthew Campbell, PhD
My practice provides both psychotherapy and psychological assessment to adults, with psychological assessment for children. My approach to psychotherapy is cognitive-behavioral and humanistic. That’s a brief way of stating that I focus on the impact of people’s thoughts and behaviors in the problems they experience, while attempting to provide a safe and empathic setting to find different approaches in coping. Approaches supported by research are utilized when available. Finally, an important part of treatment occurs between sessions. Therefore, I encourage clients to practice certain behaviors or thoughts between sessions and read material helpful in understanding and addressing problems.
Psychological assessment can address problems ranging from difficulties with attention or memory to evaluation of psychiatric issues. I have worked in a variety of settings, which has provided experience in assessing children, adults, and elders.
Areas of Expertise
- General Psychological Testing (e.g., intelligence, personality, vocational, aptitude, school placement, health)
- School Psychology (e.g., individualized education planning, placement, conduct problems, advanced placement)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- American Psychological Association
- Mississippi Psychological Association
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
Fee Information/Office Policy
Please call the office (662) 513-9936 with any questions regarding scheduling, billing, or insurance. If we’re not able to help, we’re happy to suggest other providers.
2005 Harris Drive
Oxford, MS 38655
P: 662-513-9936 (Office)