Education & Certification
Central Michigan University (1997)
National Register Member Since
Melinda Simon, PsyD
Dr. Simon is a fully licensed psychologist and a clinical social worker and has worked as a therapist for over 30 years. She works with individuals, couples, and families. Using a mix of interpersonal, cognitive-behavioral, and eclectic approaches, she provides experienced, thoughtful, and ethical care, encouraging a collaborative environment for problem solving with her clients.
Specialties include the treatment of anxiety, panic, posttraumatic stress disorder, issues of grief and loss and traumatic grief. Dr. Simon also has an extensive history working with adults, adolescents, and children with behavioral challenges, social adjustment issues, obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors, phobias, depression, and adjusting to life changing events such as divorce, relocation, or job loss.Learn more about me on my website: www.deltawaverly.com
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Social Learning
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists.
- American Psychological Association.
- Michigan Psychological Association.
- National Association of Social Workers.
Fee Information/Office Policy
Hours by appointment.
Please contact by phone: 517 323-4099 ext. 111
Health Care Plan Participation
Please see Dr. Simon’s website for information regarding the insurances she accepts and fees www.deltawaverly.com