Education & Certification
Texas Tech U (1982)
National Register Member Since
Michael DeSanctis, PhD
Drawing upon years of prior clinical experience in managing insomnia and related sleep disorders, I have formed a company, Positive Sleep Journeys, PLLC, whose mission is to educate the lay public, organizations, county and state agencies, schools and clinicians about the role of sleep and circadian rhythms in everyday wellness and mental health outcomes. I am available to provide training to mental health professionals on how to address sleep behaviors in assessment and treatment protocols and advise businesses on how to optimize worker efficiencies and thinking processes based on sleep hygiene, natural light exposures and sleep-wake schedules. The relationship of substance use, absenteeism, self-harm risk and accident rates, including drowsy driving, to circadian and sleep processes represents an important group of principles and concepts to be highlighted and incorporated into daily living as well as business and professional practices.
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) - Counseling Psychology
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Certified in Behavior Sleep Medicine
- Member MN Sleep Society
- Member American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Diplomate in Counseling Psychology, American Board of Professional Psychology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Counseling Psychology
- Extensive teaching experience at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Published author on topics related to insomnia, seasonality and mood changes
- Experience in delivering educational presentations to the public and health care professionals
Fee Information/Office Policy
Not applicable. The focus of my professional activity is consulting, training and education.
Health Care Plan Participation
Inquiries for corporate or group consulting regarding requests for training or educational seminars can be directed to my email address:
Not accepting direct service requests from clients.
This psychologist has elected not to publish contact information.