Education & Certification
American University (1977)
National Register Member Since
Michael Stutz, PhD
I have been in practice for over 30 yrs. I specialize in marriage and divorce counseling and other relationship issues. I also specialize in parenting, anger management and helping family members get help for addicted loved ones. I also deal with all general practice problems such as depression, anxiety and stress etc. In working with marital problems, I also work with sexual difficulties. Being a former athlete, I also see people with sport psychology issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Substance Misuse (e.g., alcohol, nicotine, opiates, stimulants, inhalants)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- American Psychological Association
- Maryland Psychological Association
Fee Information/Office Policy
Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Hours vary depending on day of the week.
Health Care Plan Participation
My fee is $210 per session.
I am covered by all insurance plans that allow their members to choose their own psychologist.
Prefer to be contacted by phone