Education & Certification
Boston University (1964)
National Register Member Since
Mona Affinito, PhD
Years of practice as professor (emerita), administrator, private practitioner, workshop leader, and author contribute to my offerings at “Let Yourself Grow.” Growth counseling for healthy adults is what I do. Deeper appreciation, acceptance, gratitude, and knowledge of self is what my clients gain. The practice is small, so you can count on being really special.
Forgiveness is a strong area of interest as reflected in my two books,”When to Forgive,” and “Forgiving One Page at a Time.” I am available to do telephone counseling for your forgiveness issues.
A long history of teaching and caring about the psychology of women has, believe it or not, led men to my practice as well.
These days I’m also involved in the writing of historical fiction as reflected in my book “Mrs. Job” and its newly edited and re-titled edition “Figs & Pomegranates & Special Cheeses.” It brings together my concern for the history of women, forgiveness, and an interest in biblical stories, the remnant of my youthful desire to be a Lutheran minister.That was long before the days when I would have been allowed in, because I was disqualified by my sex. So the church was spared, and I hope psychology gained.
As a mother and grandmother, I know the pleasures and strains of parenting while maintaining an active professional career.
Oh yes, I also know the challenges and joys of living well into retirement years — without retiring.Learn more about me on my website: www.forgivenessoptions.com
Areas of Expertise
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Gender Issues (e.g., gender roles and equality, prejudice, male vulnerability and masculinity, feminist principles)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- MA, Ph.D. Boston University
- American Psychological Association
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
Fee Information/Office Policy
- Will provide receipt for insurance reimbursement.