Education & Certification
St John's University (1991)
National Register Member Since
Noemi Balinth, PhD
With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Balinth has the skills and sensitivity to apply the appropriate treatment strategy based on her clients’ unique needs, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, EMDR, and Lifespan Integration. Adults, adolescents, seniors, couples & families welcomed. In addition to the treatment of Depression, Anxiety, Adjustment Disorders and life transitions, areas of specialized care include: Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD), Addictions and Couples’ Counseling.Learn more about me on my website: www.lajollacounselingandpsychotherapy.com/
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Substance Misuse (e.g., alcohol, nicotine, opiates, stimulants, inhalants)
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
Languages Spoken Other Than English
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- Member, National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member & Past President, New York State Psychological Association
- Member California Psychological Association
- Member, San Diego Psychological Association
Fee Information/Office Policy
Fees: $140.00 per visit.
Sliding scale fees offered as needed.
Cash, Check or Credit cards accepted.
Office Hours: By appointment, generally Mondays through Thursdays, afternoons and evenings.
Health Care Plan Participation
Medicare, Value Options, POS-type plans (Out of Network)