Education & Certification
Fielding Graduate University (1998)
National Register Member Since
Pamela Peterson, PhD
Dr. Peterson offers individual, couples, and family therapy. Sessions generally last 60 to 75 minutes as compared to the traditional 45 to 50 minute session. This facilitates the development of rapport. The client is more relaxed and willing to share their real self.
Psychological testing can be done on-site with the assistance of computer technology. Coordination of treatment with your health care professional is a top priority.
She is available to do public presentations and workshops on issues related to self-help and mental health disorders.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Family Therapy (e.g., parent-child problems, divorce with kids, family illness)
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family Systems
- National Register Health Service Psychologist
- Dr. Pamela Peterson has 31 years of experience in the area of counseling and community college administration. Her work history has taken her from Ely, Minnesota working with displaced miners to Ironwood, Michigan as the Director of Counseling and Placement.
- At the present time, her office is located on Main Street (Broadway) in the downtown area of Plainview, Minnesota. Dr. Peterson has been a member of the Plainview Area Chamber of Commerce since 2015 and a member of the St. Charles Area Chamber of Congress since its its inaugural year in 2007.
- Dr. Peterson has been a presenter for a variety of organizations including the U.S. Forest Service, the Minnesota Workforce Center, Displaced Homemaker Programs in Minnesota and Michigan, and many non-profit agencies throughout the Midwest. She has also been the Consulting Psychologist for the Golden Living Center since 2010.
- Dr. Peterson earned her Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology with an emphasis in Clinical Psychology at the Fielding Graduate University in Santa Barbara, California in June 1998. She also earned her Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology at the Fielding Graduate University in 1994. Dr. Peterson began her graduate studies at the University of Minnesota-Duluth where she earned a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology in 1985.
Fee Information/Office Policy
- BlueCross BlueShield