Education & Certification
United States International University (1989)
National Register Member Since
Richard Findlay, PhD
Dr. Findlay is a community psychologist, meeting the needs of the Susquehanna Valley for routine treatment and referral services as well as public presentations, EAP services and crisis intervention. In addition to a general clinical practice, Dr. Findlay specializes in treatment of anxiety disorders, behavioral medicine, and personality assessment. He has more than 20 years experience in addictions treatment and general clinical practice. General practice treatment modalities include traditional psychodynamic psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, biofeedback, hypnosis, and structural family therapy. Dr. Findlay treats clients of all ages and works with individuals, couples and families, and groups.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Medical Diagnosis Adjustment (e.g., diabetes, cancer, hypertension, weight issues, other chronic illness)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- Credentials include:
- BA in Physiological Psychology
- M.A. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Memberships include:
- National Register Health Service Provider in Psychology
- American Psychological Association
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association
- Dr. Findlay was formerly employed by the U. S. Justice Dept., Bureau of Prisons where he was the Director of a Residential Drug Treatment Program for more than 12 years. Initially, he worked in California as a Certified Psychology Assistant and has been licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in Vermont, Connecticut, and is currently practicing in Pennsylvania. He has consulted as an expert witness to the court, and he enjoys an excellent reputation among his peers and in his community.
Fee Information/Office Policy
Services are provided strictly by appointment only. Self pay payment plans are available and telephone consultation is provided at no charge. Appointments are generally available within 2-3 weeks, often sooner if your schedule is flexible.
Office Hours: By appointment
- Blue Cross
- Others including CHIP
Health Care Plan Participation
Dr. Findlay is currently an in network provider for several Blue Cross insurances: UBH, Medicare, and he is a preferred provider for EAP services. He has also consulted as an out of network provider on numerous occasions.