Education & Certification
Fielding Graduate University (1991)
National Register Member Since
Richard Mucowski, PhD
FrancisCare is a counseling service founded in the Roman Catholic and Franciscan religious tradition. Therapists at FrancisCare respect patient’s religious tradition, age, sexual orientation, race, and socioeconomic status. They provide individual, group (specializing in Family-Of-Origin issues), marriage and couples psychotherapy, as well as psychological, neuropsychological and addictions assessment. FrancisCare’s therapists come from backgrounds that include pastoral psychotherapy and clinical psychology. Spiritual/religious issues are also considered in the therapeutic process if the patient wishes these matters to be considered in their counseling. Respect for the patient’s religious tradition and/or spiritual journey is an important factor in their therapeutic process.
Areas of Expertise
- General Psychological Testing (e.g., intelligence, personality, vocational, aptitude, school placement, health)
- Substance Misuse (e.g., alcohol, nicotine, opiates, stimulants, inhalants)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- College of Professional Psychology of the APA Practice Organization (CPP) - Treatment of Alcohol and other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders
- Dr. Mucowski holds the FPPR credential from the Prescribing Psychologists Register
- Diplomate from the American Board of Disability Analysts
- American Psychological Association’s College of Professional Studies Certificate of Proficiency in Alcohol & Other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders
- Diplomate from the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- He completed his internship and post-doctoral residency in Neuropsychology from the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry of the Thomas Jefferson University Medical School, Philadelphia PA
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
Fee Information/Office Policy
The standard fee for psychotherapy is $150 per clinical hour. Psychological assessment includes: clinical interview, analysis of data, writing the report and feedback is also $150 per hour of the clinician’s time, excluding the cost of scoring any tests that are computer generated (these are extra).
Health Care Plan Participation
Many insurance plans are accepted. Insurances accepted include: Oxford, United Health Care; Great Western, BC/BC of NJ & CA,BC/BS Federal, Magellan and its subsidiaries, Value Options, Cigna, Empire BC/BS, MHN Healthnet, United Health Care, PHCS, Medicare.