Education & Certification
University of Denver (1996)
National Register Member Since
Richard Weisberg, PsyD
I will work with you as a coach would to develop coping skills and new insights into your problems using the well researched, effective methods of cognitive-behavioral therapy.
We will identify your perceptions of your past, present, and future as well as your view of the world around you and link it to your present thoughts, feelings, and behavior. Many of these perceptions are at the root of depression, anxiety, addictions, and relationship problems. I am solution focused; therefore, we address your most important issues.
Not everyone can afford or even wants to spend months or years in therapy. I maximize our session time by giving you mutually agreed upon readings and “real-world” assignments to do at home to practice what we discuss in session. I work with you to become empowered and armed with practical tools to help you deal more effectively with your problems. My personal style is very warm, easy going, light-hearted, and respectful.Learn more about me on my website: www.DocRich.com
Areas of Expertise
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- LGBT Issues (e.g., workplace, academic or personal discrimination, stigma, gender assignment evaluation, gender identity)
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Cultural Diversity Issues (e.g., workplace, academic or personal discrimination, cultural adaptation, stigma and racism)
- Substance Misuse (e.g., alcohol, nicotine, opiates, stimulants, inhalants)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Behavioral Therapy
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- EMDR Level II Certified
- Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA)
- Member, Ohio Psychological Association (OPA)
- Member, Cleveland Psychological Association (CPA)
- Member, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
Fee Information/Office Policy
Self Pay fee varies so please call me to discuss this or if you have questions about general office policy or procedures. You may also look at Patient Forms on my website.
Patient Office Hours: 9:00AM-9:00PM M – F, Saturdays by appointment and request.
Administrative Office Hours: 9:00AM-5:00PM M – F
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Cleveland Clinic Antares Employee and Staff Health Plans
Health Care Plan Participation
In Network Benefits with all major insurance companies (the highest level of benefit so you pay the least yourself) including: Medical Mutual of Ohio, Aetna, Antares/Cleveland Clinic Tier I ($35 co pay). For a complete listing, go to my website and click on “Insurance.”