Education & Certification
University of Pennsylvania (1985)
National Register Member Since
Robert Berchick, PhD
Hello, as being ABPP Board Certified in Behavioral and Cognitive Psychology, my psychotherapy tools include CBT, Behavioral Activation, Cognitive Reprocessing, Exposure and Response Prevention, Mindfulness-Based CBT, Motivational Interviewing, as well as other empirically tested resources.
In my practice of over three decades, above everything else, I am client centered-working collaboratively with the goals and values of my client. Our mutually agreed upon goals will determine the uniquely tailored treatment plan.
In addition to being a psychotherapist, I have research experience in among other things, Panic Disorder, Prediction of Suicide, Special teens at risk, and forms of Social Anxiety. Also for the past twenty eight or more years I am serving as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine. From 1982-1990, I served as Clinical Director of Dr. Aaron T. Beck’s University of Pennsylvania Center for Cognitive Therapy. I am a Founding Fellow at the Academy for Cognitive Therapy.
For more information please visit berchick.com and please click the professional reference link at the bottom left hand side of the home page. Thank you.Learn more about me on my website: berchick.com
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Medical Diagnosis Adjustment (e.g., diabetes, cancer, hypertension, weight issues, other chronic illness)
- Borderline and Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) - Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Association for Psychological Sciences
- American Board of Professional Psychology
- Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- International Academy of Behavioral Medicine
- Counseling and Psychotherapy, Inc.
- American College of Forensic Examiners
- Prescribing Psychologist’s
- Association for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association
- Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association
- Philadelphia Society of Clinical Psychologists
- American Psychological Association
Professional Organizations include (past or present);
Fee Information/Office Policy
Hours are by appointment only. It is best to reach me at 215-674-9445. Currently I am not accepting Insurance and can arrange for a sliding fee-schedule when determined necessary.
Does Not Accept Insurance