Education & Certification
Yeshiva University (1971)
National Register Member Since
Robert Cristal, PhD
I am a Clinical Psychologist in private practice in Roslyn Heights, New York, specializing in Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT), Relaxation Therapy, Marriage Counseling and Clinical Hypnosis.
My practice is devoted to helping children, adolescents, adults and seniors, in the context of individual psychotherapy, couple’s or marriage therapy, and family therapy.
I began my career as a Clinical Psychologist in a hospital setting more than 25 years ago, in the disciplines of Medical Psychology and General Psychiatry; concurrently, I developed and have since maintained a full-time private practice in Roslyn Heights, NY.Learn more about me on my website: www.psycare.net
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Childhood and Adolescent Problems (e.g., ADHD, school/learning problems, social withdrawal, autism, recurrent abdominal pain, aggressive or oppositional behavior)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Social Learning
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Licensed Psychologist in New York State
- Member American Psychological Association
- New York State Psychological Association
Fee Information/Office Policy
Office Hours By Appointment: Monday-Friday, daytime and evenings.
Health Care Plan Participation
Medicare, Workers’ Compensation & amp; most major Insurance Plans accepted including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare and Oxford Health Plans.