Education & Certification
Virginia Commonwealth University (2007)
National Register Member Since
Sandra Henderson, PhD
Dr. Sandy Henderson conducts a part-time practice of clinical psychology in the Richmond, VA area, where she provides evidence-based therapy for children and adolescents, ages 3-18. Areas of practice include: ADHD, anxiety, depression, PTSD and trauma-related problems, Aspergers, play therapy, and multi-systemic assessment of children and families.Learn more about me on my website: tuckahoechildpsych.com
Areas of Expertise
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Childhood and Adolescent Problems (e.g., ADHD, school/learning problems, social withdrawal, autism, recurrent abdominal pain, aggressive or oppositional behavior)
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- General Psychological Testing (e.g., intelligence, personality, vocational, aptitude, school placement, health)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Div 53, Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Member, Div 47, Exercise and Sport Psychology
- Ph.D. Clinical Child Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2007
- Ph.D. Developmental Psychology, Catholic University, 1991
Fee Information/Office Policy
Mondays, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.
Tuesdays, 1:00p.m. – 4:00p.m.
Please contact for additional information.
Preferred Method of Contact: Office Phone
- Please contact for additional plans.