Education & Certification
University of Arizona (2008)
National Register Member Since
Steven Myers, PhD
I am a Licensed Psychologist and Certified School Psychologist in the State of New Jersey. I am also a Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP). I received my Master’s of Education degree in Counseling Psychology from Rutgers University Graduate School of Education and a PhD in School Psychology from the University of Arizona. My doctoral training focused on school-based assessment and treatment of disorders common to children and adolescents including: learning disabilities, autism, ADHD, anxiety, depression, and disruptive behavior disorders. My doctoral training included a minor in special education.
I am a full time School Psychologist at Pascack Valley Regional High School. My experience also includes work with adult populations including anxiety disorders, mood disorders, developmental disabilities, personality disorders, chronic and persistent mental illness, substance abuse, and other addictive behaviors.
My approach to therapy is eclectic and involves aspects of Person-Centered (Humanistic) Therapy, as well as, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I find that therapy is most effective through building and maintaining a strong collaborative alliance based on mutual respect and understanding. My aim is to be a genuine person and in doing so to create a warm and comfortable environment. In my private practice I work with adults coping with depression, anxiety, parenting issues, relationship struggles, and other problems of adjustment. My work with children and adolescents includes academic and social struggles, oppositional behavior, anxiety, depression, and parent conflict.Learn more about me on my website: www.stevenmyersphd.com
Areas of Expertise
- School Psychology (e.g., individualized education planning, placement, conduct problems, advanced placement)
- Childhood and Adolescent Problems (e.g., ADHD, school/learning problems, social withdrawal, autism, recurrent abdominal pain, aggressive or oppositional behavior)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) - Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP)
- Licensed Psychologist – New Jersey
- School Psychologist – New Jersey
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist – NASP
- Member of the American Psychological Association
- National Association of School Psychologists
- New Jersey Psychological Association
- National Education Association.
Fee Information/Office Policy
- Horizon BlueCross BlueShield