Education & Certification
Teachers College, Columbia University (1994)
National Register Member Since
Susan Alexander, PhD
Dr. Susan Alexander is an experienced clinical psychologist providing psychotherapy and psychological testing for adults and adolescents for over 16 years.
Dr. Alexander has experience in the treatment of disorders associated with:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Problems at Home or at Work
- Learning Problems
- Chronic Pain & Illness
- Life Stress & Adjustments
- Women’s Issues
- Issues related to Adolescence
Areas of Expertise
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- General Psychological Testing (e.g., intelligence, personality, vocational, aptitude, school placement, health)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
In addition to having a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Columbia University, Dr. Alexander holds diplomate status in two areas of professional practice; one in Clinical Psychology and one in Psychological Assessment, Evaluation, and Testing. Dr. Alexander is licensed to practice in N.J.
Dr. Alexander is a member in good standing with the American Psychological Association, The New Jersey Psychological Association, and the American College of Forensic Examiners. She also served on the Board of Directors of the Lupus Foundation of America-New Jersey Chapter.
Fee Information/Office Policy
Office Hours: By appointment only
Does Not Accept Insurance
Health Care Plan Participation
Insurance-ready receipts are supplied and must be submitted by patient to their insurance carrier.