Education & Certification
Alliant International University - San Francisco Bay (1993)
National Register Member Since
Tracy Artson, PhD
I am a licensed psychologist specializing in individual, couples, and parenting issues. Given the opportunity, people naturally move towards health and healing. I provide a safe and warm environment built on respect, collaboration and attunement.
My expertise includes the treatment for trauma recovery including childhood neglect, physical and sexual abuse, accidents, rape, and combat trauma. In addition, I work with those suffering from phobias, life transitions, relational issues, anxiety, depression, and addictions.
I bring an integrative and multi-faceted approach to therapy since one size does not fit all. I am certified in Attachment Focused Eye Movement, Desensitization and Reprocessing (an approved therapy for trauma by the WHO, VA and APA). I am an approved facilitator for the EMDR training workshops of Laurel Parnell, Ph.D. and an EMDRIA and PI Approved-Consultant. I am completing an intensive 3-year training in Somatic Experiencing originated by Peter Levine, Ph.D. I have extensive theoretical and research knowledge relating to trauma and trauma treatment/recovery, with international experience providing trauma training for staff working with formerly trafficked children and in facilitating group therapy for newly rescued children.
My approach is embedded in contemporary and relational psychodynamic theories, which explores the interplay between our individual histories and current experiences, life choices and relationship patterns. The therapeutic relationship offers healing, understanding, and reprocessing of old patterns that once served to protect but may no longer be needed. Beyond symptom relief, the ultimate therapeutic goal is renewed growth and transformation, a vital sense of self, and the ability to handle uncomfortable emotions. Greater acceptance and compassion for oneself generally emanates towards others, as well.Learn more about me on my website: https://www.tracyartsonpsychologist.com
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Career and Life Adjustments (occupational/career counseling and assessment, academic problems, financial issues, relocation stress, stress associated with other life changes)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
Fee Information/Office Policy
Does Not Accept Insurance