Education & Certification
University of Northern Colorado (1978)
National Register Member Since
William McFarren, EdD
Psychological Consultants and Affiliates is a group practice consisting of psychologists, a social worker and a licensed counselor who hold various alcohol treatment certifications.
Glasses for the Brain tells the story of John, a boy who goes through the process of being diagnosed with ADHD, learning about this condition, its treatments, and the role of medication. Removing the stigma of ADHD is emphasized, along with John’s uniqueness as an individual.
Dr. McFarren has been a practicing psychologist in Newark, Ohio for over twenty-five years. He has a special interest in attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD).Glasses for the Brain was written as a therapeutic tool for his work with children.
Total Price Per Book:
$15.95 Non Ohio residents
$16.66 Ohio Residents
($12.95+$3.00 shipping +.71 sales tax (5.5%))
Special discounts are available for volume and children’s programming purchases.
Mail Check or Money Order to:
Charles C. Straub Press
2210 Cambria Mill Road
Granville, Ohio 43023-9335
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Childhood and Adolescent Problems (e.g., ADHD, school/learning problems, social withdrawal, autism, recurrent abdominal pain, aggressive or oppositional behavior)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- American Psychological Association
- Ohio Psychological Association
- Board of Directors of the Licking County Mental Health America
- Author of the book Glasses for the Brain: Helping Children Understand AD/HD
Fee Information/Office Policy
Office Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM M, TH & F, 8:00AM-8:00PM T & W
Health Care Plan Participation
Dr. McFarren is a provider for numerous health insurance panels.
Psychol Consultants and Affiliates,Inc
60 Messimer Dr
Newark, OH 43055-1842
P: 740-522-2230 (Office)