Education & Certification
Yale University (1973)
National Register Member Since
William Mulligan, PhD
I am broadly trained and experienced, having practiced as a Clinical Psychologist for over 30 years. During this time, I have worked with individuals (of all ages), couples and families. My primary orientation is Cognitive Behavior Therapy, or Multimodal Therapy. My approach to treatment emphasizes positive, rational thinking and effective action.Learn more about me on my website: DoctorMulligan.com
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Therapy (e.g., relationship communication difficulty, premarital consultation, divorce mediation)
- Family Therapy (e.g., parent-child problems, divorce with kids, family illness)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Children (3-12 yrs.)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Social Learning
- I received a BA in Psychology from Stanford University and a PhD in Clinical Psychology from Yale University.
- I was the Founding President of the Tidewater Academy of Clinical Psychologists.
- I am a member of the American Psychological Association and the National Register of Health Service Psychologists.
Fee Information/Office Policy
Office Hours: 8:15AM-8:00PM M – F
- Optima Behavioral Health
Health Care Plan Participation
I am a Participating Provider with many of the leading health Insurance plans, including Anthem, Tricare, Cigna, Sentara, Value Options, Medicare, and others.