Education & Certification
University of Hawaii - Manoa (1981)
National Register Member Since
Yvonne Wood, PhD
Specializing in the treatment of anxiety disorders (panic disorder, agoraphobia, post traumatic stress disorder, phobias), depression, eating disorders, and women’s sexual dysfunctions.
Also providing evaluations and intelligence testing.
Children 10 and older, adolescents, and adults seen.
Areas of Expertise
- Anxiety (e.g., generalized anxiety, phobia, panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Eating Disorders (e.g., compulsive eating, food refusal, anorexia, bulimia)
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders (e.g., bipolar disorder, major depression, bereavement)
- PTSD/Traumatic Response (e.g., combat stress, loss, injury, sexual assault)
- Medical Diagnosis Adjustment (e.g., diabetes, cancer, hypertension, weight issues, other chronic illness)
- Adolescents (13-17 yrs.)
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists
- Licensed clinical psychologist in Nevada since 1983
- Clinical orientation: Cognitive behavioral, systems
- Member, American Psychological Association since 1981
- Member, Nevada State Psychological Association
- Received Ph.D. in Clinical/Community Psychology from the University of Hawaii (APA approved)
- Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno, 1981-1986
- Director, Psychological Services Center, 1983-1986
Fee Information/Office Policy
nitial evaluation $275
Follow-up appointments (60 minutes) $200
24 hour cancellation notice required
Receptionist answers phone (329-3393) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and can schedule and cancel appointments as necessary.
Office Hours: 12-5 Monday-Thursday
- Hometown Health Plan
- Prominence PPO
Health Care Plan Participation
Provider for Hometown Health, St. Mary’s Preferred Health Care Network, CDS, and Medicare
3732 Lakeside Dr.
Reno, NV 89509
P: 775-329-3393 (Office)