Most people see psychologists because they are dealing with problems they have not been able overcome on their own. My responsibility is to provide expertise and support in helping you to get around that “stuck” place, so you can be more functional, and feel more confident, capable and balanced.
I am informed by approaches that are grounded in literature and evidence based- among them, cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal-process, and mindfulness practice. However, I apply these approaches flexibly and practically. I believe therapy can only work when it is collaborative- so I work together with my clients to find strategies that fit for them.
My career has been eclectic, including clinical practice, training, administration and consultation. I have worked with folks dealing with just about every kind of challenge imaginable, and I find that this can be helpful background to draw on to help people address their unique and complex challenges- whatever they are.
I tend to be pretty comfortable communicating with physicians in support of overall medical care (my spouse is actually a primary care physician.) I’m a strong believer in the power of psychotherapy to support medical treatment for a variety of issues- not just those specifically designated as “mental health.”
- Arizona — 3608
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders
- Cultural Diversity Issues
- LGBT Issues
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Lyra Health
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday
- Adults (18-64 yrs.)
- Older adults (65 yrs. or older)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Professional AffiliationsCredentials & Memberships
- Licensed Psychologist- Arizona, #3609
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists- #53761
- National Certified Counselor- #63961
- Member of the American Psychological Association
- Member of the Arizona Psychological Association
- Member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Member of the Society for Counseling Psychology (APA Division 17)
- Member of State Provincial and Territorial Affairs of the American Psychological Association APA Division 31)