For me, psychotherapy is offering patience, understanding, insight, relationship, and a secure base to persons suffering from burdens too heavy to carry alone. I compare myself to a container into which my patients pour their unbearable feelings. My task is to detoxify these feelings and make them easier to understand and tolerate. I help my patients to use healthy relationships with others to meet their emotional needs and the emotional needs of others.
I maintain a clinical practice for the treatment of children, adolescents, and adults in New City, Rockland County, and Brookville, Long Island, New York. My areas of expertise with children and adolescents include disruptive behavior disorders, attachment disorders, codependency on a parent suffering from sex addiction, and the consequences of childhood physical and sexual abuse. My areas of expertise with adults include severe personality disorders such as borderline personality disorder, sex addiction, and codependency. I am a licensed clinical psychologist and certified school psychologist, certified child, adolescent, and adult psychoanalyst, certified sex addiction therapist, certified sex therapist, and registered play therapist. I use a variety of clinical techniques uniquely suited to the suffering individual, which include psychodynamic and psychoanalytic psychotherapy, play therapy, family and couples therapy, and task-based therapies.Contact
- New York — 011319
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Childhood and Adolescent Problems
- Borderline and Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Family Therapy
My New City office is located at 20 Squadron Blvd., Suite 680 (at the intersection of Squadron Blvd. and Route 304), and you can contact me by telephone (845-639-1110) or e-mail (email@example.com). Office hours at this location are Fridays and Saturdays.
My Brookville office is located on the Long Island University campus at 720 Northern Blvd., Lodge A (Psychological Services Center), and you can contact me by telephone (516-299-4277) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Office hours at this location are Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
Scheduling of appointments depends on availability.
I do not take insurance, but I am willing to prepare my invoices so that you can submit them directly to insurance to receive out-of-network benefits.
- Child (3-12 yrs.)
- Adolescent (13-17 yrs.)
- Adult (18-64 yrs.)
- Psychodynamic Treatment
Professional AffiliationsCredentials & Memberships
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) - Clinical Psychology
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in the State of New York, License Number 011319 (6/92-present)
- Certified School Psychologist in the State of New York, Control Number 920528991 (9/98-present)
- Association for Play Therapy Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (6/9/15-present)
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), certified in Sex Therapy (5/6/13-present)
- International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP), certified as Multiple Addiction Therapy Supervisor, Certification Number 2010C‐0955 (9/24/12-present)
- International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP), certified in Multiple Addiction Therapy, Certification Number 2010C‐0955 (9/13/12-present)
- International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP), certified as Sex Addiction Therapy Supervisor, Certification Diploma Number 2010C-0955 (3/2/12-present)
- International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP), certified in Sex Addiction Therapy, Certification Diploma Number 2010C-0955 (1/16/12-present)
- Fellow, International Psychoanalytical Association (3/7/10-present)
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP), certified in Clinical Psychology, Certification Diploma Number 6457 (5/23/08-present)
- National Register of Health Service Psychologists, Registrant Number 50098 (8/24/01-present)